Mr. Beck joined Hill, Hill, Carter in 2009. He represents governmental entities, corporations, and insurance companies in federal and state courts and in front of various administrative bodies. His practice focuses on general and complex civil litigation as well as administrative law matters. Mr. Beck has extensive experience in matters related to public procurement, Alabama’s Open Meetings Act, and the Alabama Taxpayer Bill of Rights.
- Complete dismissal on behalf of Alabama Department of Revenue in action filed by corporate taxpayer claiming approximately $2 million under Alabama’s Taxpayer Bill of Rights.
- Counsel on over 170 public procurements totaling over $27 million in value.
- Obtained over $100,000 on behalf of construction company in contract disputes.
- Complete dismissal on behalf of property management company of claims alleging discrimination under Title VII and the Pregnancy Discrimination Act.
- Summary judgment in favor of city, police department, and police officers in wrongful death suit.
- Summary judgment in favor of school board in suit where Alabama Education Association claimed board failed to follow mandatory salary schedules and pay raises.
- Summary judgment in favor of insurance company in suit where insured was accused of over-harvesting timber.
- Jury verdict in favor of defendant in automobile accident case.
- Complete dismissal on behalf of housing authority in suit alleging due process violation.
- Trial verdict in favor of client in automobile accident case.
- Summary judgment in favor of automobile finance company in suit alleging negligence and wantonness.
University of Alabama School of Law
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, J.D.
- Trial Advocacy Team
- George Peach Taylor Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy
- Criminal Defense Clinic
University of the South
Sewanee, Tennessee, B.A., magna cum laude
- Dean’s List
- Order of the Gownsmen Honor Society
- Phi Alpha Theta Honor Society
- Pi Sigma Alpha Honor Society
- Sewanee Student Alumni Leadership Counsel
- Sewanee Alumni Relations Committee
St. John’s College, Oxford University
Alabama State Bar Association
Montgomery County Bar Association
Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
Alabama State Bar Volunteer Lawyers Program
Hugh Maddox AMERICAN Inn of Court
Housing and Development Law Institute
Alabama State Bar Veterans Support Task Force
Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts
Junior Executive Board Member
YMCA Youth Judicial