Brad A. Everhardt
Mr. Everhardt handles a broad range of civil litigation matters, with an emphasis on insurance defense and municipal law. Prior to joining Hill, Hill, Carter, Brad was a partner at a firm based in Toledo, Ohio. He also formerly served as law director for the Town of Fremont, Indiana. While in law school, Brad was an editorial member of Law Review and studied comparative law at both the University of Queensland in Brisbane, Australia and the University of Barcelona in Spain. Brad was a member of the Graduate Faculty at the University of Toledo, where he taught a course in civil liability for criminal justice majors. Mr. Everhardt is licensed to practice in Alabama, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana and ten federal courts.
- Summary judgment based on state-agent immunity upheld by the Alabama Supreme Court in premises liability suit. Satterwhite v. Opelika Board of Education, et al.
- Summary judgment affirmed by Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals in suit alleging excessive force under 42 U.S.C. §1983. Davidson v. City of Opelika, et al.
- Defense verdict in jury trial involving claim for malicious prosecution and violations of 42 U.S.C. §1983. Baldonado v. Tackett, et al.
- Defense verdict in jury trial involving claim for negligent operation of construction equipment. Girlie v. Cortez, et al.
- Summary judgment granted in favor of Defendants in suit alleging violations of 42 U.S.C. §1983 and negligent retention. Renz, et al. v. Willard Police Department, et al.
- Summary judgment granted in favor of Defendants in suit alleging violations of Due Process rights, negligence, civil rights violations under 42 U.S.C. §1983, abuse of power, failure to properly train and supervise officers, malicious prosecution, and civil conspiracy. Wertz v. Village of West Milgrove.
- Dismissal of case where Plaintiffs alleged violations of Fourth Amendment rights against unreasonable search and seizure. Bentwood Estates, Ltd., et al. v. City of Bowling Green, et al.
- Summary Judgment affirmed in appeal regarding wrongful death, negligence, failure to maintain swimming area, and failure to warn general public of hazardous defects on the premises. Smith, et al. v. City of Huron, et al.
- Summary judgment affirmed in appeal regarding negligence and public nuisance. Mosler, et al. v. St. Joseph Township Board of Trustees, et al.
- Summary judgment affirmed in appeal of declaratory judgment involving dual residency for purposes of underinsured motorist coverage. Wallace, et al. v. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co.
- Summary judgment affirmed in appeal involving premises liability action. Jackson, et al. v. J-F Enterprises, Inc., et al.
- Summary judgment affirmed in appeal regarding application of sudden medical emergency defense. Boyd, et al. v. Helman.
- Served as Adjunct Member of Graduate Faculty, University of Toledo
U.S. CIRCUIT COURTS
U.S. DISTRICT COURTS
Southern District of Alabama
Middle District of Alabama
Northern District of Alabama
Northern District of Indiana
Southern District of Indiana
Northern District of Ohio
Southern District of Ohio
Eastern District of Michigan
University of Toledo
Toledo, Ohio, J.D.
- University of Toledo Law Review, Technical Editor
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, Ohio, B.A.
ALABAMA STATE BAR ASSOCIATION
OHIO STATE BAR ASSOCIATION
INDIANA STATE BAR ASSOCIATION
MICHIGAN STATE BAR ASSOCIATION