David W. Henderson
David’s main areas of practice are insurance defense, commercial and complex litigation, trucking and transportation, general litigation, workers’ compensation, and governmental entities. He has handled many cases involving premises liability, wrongful death, motor vehicle, and trucking defense. David is a frequent speaker with the National Business Institute related to UM/UIM law.
David has worked hard at the firm to elevate himself through the ranks. He started with the firm in 1995 as a runner, was promoted to office administrator and worked as a law clerk. David worked full-time while attending college and law school. His efforts have paid off, and he is now serving his fourth consecutive term as Managing Shareholder of the firm.
David is a 1996 graduate of Faulkner University and received his J.D. in 2002 from Thomas Goode Jones School of Law. Super Lawyers named him a 2011 Rising Star. David served as a Sergeant in the United States Marine Corps Reserve for six years. He received the Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal for his leadership of the Marines in his 155mm Howitzer Cannon section. David currently resides in Letohatchee with his wife Sara and two children. In his spare time, David enjoys hunting, biking, and working on his farm.
- Obtained a defense verdict in a clear liability rear-end automobile accident where the plaintiff had medical damages in excess of $30,000.00.
- Successful appeal to the Alabama Supreme Court that reversed an Alabama trial courts default judgment in the amount of $120,000.00.
- Awarded summary judgment in a fraud case where the plaintiff argued his insurer and agent miscalculated his homeowners insurance premiums on two properties for almost 20 years.
- Awarded summary judgment in wrongful death automobile accident on basis of Alabama Guest Statute as it related to plaintiff’s negligence and gross negligence claims.
- Obtained a defense verdict in a clear liability T-bone automobile accident.
U.S. CIRCUIT COURTS
U.S. DISTRICT COURTS
Northern District of Alabama
Middle District of Alabama
Southern District of Alabama
Thomas Goode Jones School of Law
Montgomery, Alabama, J.D.
Montgomery, Alabama, B.A.
ALABAMA STATE BAR ASSOCIATION
MONTGOMERY COUNTY BAR ASSOCIATION
DEFENSE RESEARCH INSTITUTE
HUGH MADDOX AMERICAN INN OF COURT
INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF DEFENSE COUNSEL
MONTGOMERY AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE